Specification: (can customized by request)
Thickness: 1/8″ ~ 4″
Width*Length: 48″ x 96″~96″ x 288″
What Is Wear Plate ?
Wear plate also called abrasion resistant steel plate, AR steel plate, is a high-carbon alloy steel plate which is specifically designed for abrasion and wear resistant applications, such as underground mines, cement industry, road construction, mining and open-pit mining and metallurgical industries and manufacturing other wear-resistant parts. So now, wear steel is developed to have longer service life than mild steels.
Wear plate has a lower hardness of 360 – 444 BHN. As with other abrasion resistant steels, it does not have a defined chemistry, but rather, the grade of AR steel plate is determined by hardness.
Benefits of AR400 Steel Plate
When zeroing in on what abrasion resistant steel is best for your applications, it’s important to note that each grade reacts differently to many fabricating processes. AR steel plate like wear plate 450 and wear plate 500, is excellent for applications in which abrasion resistance, formability, weldability is a must. Abrasion resistant steel plate has great advantages in the following aspects:
- Three times the strength as mild steel
- Low cost
- Reduces maintenance costs
- Wear-resistant for temperatures under 250°C
Grades of Wear Steel Plate
|Steel Standard||Steel Grades|
From the chart, we can see Hardox Steel plate is international well known wear resistant steel brand, it is specified into HARDOX400, HARDOX450, HARDOX500, HARDOX600, SB-50, SB-45, it has very well abrasion resistance property for common uses and special applications.
Applications of Wear Resistant Plate
- Construction Machinery: Road paver screed/ transport board /excavator/loader bucket blade plate/ bulldozer & bulldozing plate/grader blade/Asphalt concrete mixing plant liner and blade/tunnel construction equipment, and All kinds of grab, ship unloader and material conveyor etc.
- Mining Machinery: Front loader /Dump truck /Buffer bin /Rail road car /Discharge site /Transfer chute /Feeder /Screener /Crusher /Conveyor/Measuring bin /Skip
- Metallurgical Machinery: Dump Truck Liners/ Material Transfer Chute Liners/ Storage Bin Liners/ Bucket Liners/ Hoppers
- Thermal Power Plant :Pulverizer lining, bucket wheel, coal hopper, pulverized coal conveying pipe, coal powder distributor grating, coal unloading equipment liner and so on.
Wear Resistant Steel Plate Properties
|Material||Tensile MPA||Elongation %||Impact energy -20ºC||HBW|
Mechanical Properties of AR400 Wear Plate
- Brinnell Hardness – 400/440 BHN
- Tensile Strength – 180,000 PSI
- Yield Strength – 140,000 PSI
- Grain Type – Temp. Martensite
- Carbon Equivalency – .47
- Elongation– 15%
- Reduction of Area – 60%
In addition to its general characteristics of being formable, while maintaining good abrasion resistance, AR400 steel plate also has the following mechanical properties levels:
- Machining = Fair
- Bending = Good
- Corrosion Resistance = Good
- Welding = Excellent
- Wear Resistance = Great
- Excellent resistance to both impact and sliding abrasion at a moderate cost.
- Recommended for: liners for mining and material handling equipment like dump trucks, material transfer chutes, storage bins, buckets, and hopper
- .125"-.315 offered in 48"-65" wide cut to your requested length
- .375”-2.00” offered in standard sizes (96" X 240"/288”)